Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Watch Out Shawn Johnson - the Millsaps are Here

Look how tiny Faith is compared to everyone else. She's tiny. But then again, she's four. I think there was only one other 4-year-old in her level. So she's competing against 8-year-olds in some cases.
Faith addressing the crowd after her performance and the others wait their turn. Faith was the first to go, which adds a level of difficulty to the process!
First place finish.
My little Shawn


Aug. 16, 2008


I loved this day.

I don't think I could have been any more proud of my girls. Or nervous for them.

Gymnastics is kind of their thing. It's happening constantly in the living room. On the trampoline. In parking lots. In grocery stores. No place is off limits for a good cartwheel roundoff.

And the timing of the Olympics couldn't have been better. Shawn Johnson had just won her gold medal. We'd be watching her faithfully for the duration of the games. (Shawn is from West Des Moines for those of you who don't know.)

And the day of the gymnastic meet the girls were all geared up. Ready to go. Grace was armed with Shawn's playlist that I'd downloaded for her. Game on.

Faith went first. And if you watched the Olympics at all, the commentators mentioned how difficult it is to win gold when you go first. You set the standard.

Out she goes. Nails it.

Wins the gold.

Grace's group went in the next hour's segment. Grace was about middle to go. Nails it.

Wins the gold.

Millsap girls sweep the games.

I have even more pics I'll post from my other camera. But this was a thrill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cartwheel roundoff ??? Nice...