Tuesday, September 28, 2010

10 on 2sday

10. The highlight of my entire day is listening to the twins say their prayers. If I try to get them to sleep before they say them, they yell at me. "We say our prayers!" And my favorite part is when they pray for each other.

9. Jennie collapsed three steps into our walk the other night. Fell all the way down, right on the gravel trail, and cried out that she was too tired to walk. Jessica picked her up. Then Josie decided she was too tired.

8. Faith lost her second top tooth. She didn't tell me. We were at Billy's. She wanted to know if the tooth fairy was real or not. But I noticed her tooth being gone. It was hard to miss. And I had to find $5 worth of quarters. I need to have a tooth fairy stash. I should know that by now.

7. My entire body is covered with welts from those little black bugs.

6. Grace looked so grown up the other day when she left for school, I about cried. She then noticed Bridgit was wearing mascara later that night, and told Bridgit how pretty she looked. I love that she notices details on people and compliments them on what she sees.

5. I decided I will not die from a broken heart, after all.

4. I daydream about new carpet.

3. My bread hasn't been raising correctly. I've bought new everything, thinking some ingredient was old. But it occurred to me, after talking to Jessica the other day, that I might be using the wrong kind of yeast. And it makes me want to beat my head against the wall.

2. A crazy co-worker told me about a famous painting that was just recently discovered in a basement in Spain. It's a Bruegul the Elder painting. Dating back to the 16th century. The country of Spain is trying to secure it for their museum. I can't even imagine the delight of finding such a treasure, but I totally intend on seeing it one day.

1. God, I need to get back to being me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy you are going to survive this. What does not kill you only makes you stronger:). Its time to get back to you.