Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fun At Raccoon River Park









The girls go to a brand new school. And with the new school comes heightened security. It's like Fort Knox. I wanted to surprise the girls and pick them up from school so we could go to Raccoon River park. So I go into the office and ask for Grace and Faith Millsap. Well, the secretary gets on her walkie talkie and tries to locate Grace. Back and forth she goes with numerous people trying to locate Grace. I told her I saw her on the playground when we walked in. Five minutes later, it was confirmed. She was on the playground. The secretary, who was a little flustered, told me I could just walk to her classroom and in the meantime she would call Faith down to the office. I was there when she did it. Ok. So the twins and I walk down the hall, and run into Grace and the Assistant Principal. She looked very nervous. I guess she thought she was being called into the principal's office. She was relieved to see me :)

So the four of us are walking down the hall, back to the office. I got stopped by a lady who said to me how lucky I was to have three girls, I told her I was on the way to get my fourth girl. We walk into the office and there stands a little boy with his backpack on. I look at him, he looks at me. And we both look at the secretary.

The secretary says,"He's all ready."

I said, "He's cute and all, but he's not my daughter. He's not even a girl."

And the secretary says, "Oh, there must be some sort of a mistake."

"Yeah. Like that's not Faith," I said.

And the little boy says, "My name is Tate. And she's not my Mom."

Security works well. If you don't mind me stealing your child. I almost got away with three girls and a little boy.

No comments: