Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10 on 2sday



10. I have an insane feeling of restlessness going on right now. It's like I have a list a mile long of things I want to accomplish, and I get even get the dishes put away. I need time. I don't know how to get time. So, I'm frustrated.

9. I've been thinking a lot about Faith. I need to get some special time in with her. And get her out for some special time with others. Last night, we were walking, and it struck me how little she still is. She's grown so much. Changed so much. But she's still a baby. And she needs some quiet time with her mom.

8. I have the most brilliant idea for a Halloween costume. But I can't tell.

7. Saturday night, the kids weren't with me, and it struck me how tired I was. So very tired. I'm like that when they aren't around. Like my body goes so fast for so long, that when I'm not in full throttle mode, I get sickly tired. I drank two glasses of wine. And I ate so much food that I about made myself sick. And I slept. I'm so much older than I was three years ago. The physical demands of not having a "back-up" is very difficult.

6. Josie has been into taking her backpack to school. It's filled with so many books, and folders and random other important things. Like flip-flops and candy bars. She does her homework every night, which is a Madlibs book. She fills in the lines with "words." She tells Jennie to do her homework, too. Then yells at her for doing it wrong. And Jennie yells back that she knows what she is doing. "I know how to make a "m"!!! yelled Jennie. "Up, down. Up down." "Good," said Josie. "That's right."

5. The twins have been working on Spanish in school. They count in Spanish when they count. I'm not convinced they know how to count in English yet.

4. Faith has been doing her hair all by herself in the mornings. Insisting on it. She's not doing half bad.

3. All four girls ended up in my bed last night. And frankly, it's a relief when they crawl in. I think I sleep better with them beside me. I just wish I had a king-sized bed.

2.The picture is my afternoon delight today. I hope there is Chai tea in heaven.

1. God-damn drunk drivers, anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about my costume to. I'm excited! Love the new side pictures.

jclinton said...

I have my costume and I think it may be inappropriate for a child's party but, f-it I'm wearing it.