Monday, January 24, 2011

10 on 2sday

10. We went to Keller's on Saturday night. Jennie yells to Chris as we are leaving, "Have a crappy day!" And Chris yells back, "Thanks! I already have!"

9. I picked the kids up at school on Friday, and as we were admiring the artwork hanging outside Faith's classroom, Grace very seriously says, "They really shouldn't have put the tails on those turtles." I have to go back and take a picture. I wish I would have thought to when I was there. Because you have to see this to appreciate it.

8. I found two pairs of my high heels in the the twins' school bag. I'm not sure if they were planning on sneaking them in to school, or what.

7. I was a cooking fool this weekend. Grace even got to make some cookies she has been wanting to try. She found a recipe in her American Girl magazine for cookies that just used a cake mix, 1/2 cup of shorting, and an egg. Guess how they turned out? Dry and crumbly, but she was sure happy.

6. I cleaned the twins' room Saturday, and became annoyed at the border that the little girls began peeling off when they were in cribs. So I started pulling it all off. It turned into a family project. Good bye little nursery. Hello big girls room.

5. So then I became annoyed at the two tones of brown.

4. So we went to Menard's. And Grace picked out the paint sample. It was called Ballet. But it should have been called "Just Kidding." Because when you look at it on the wall, you don't know if it's pink or a very light shade of lavender. But it's perfect.

3. Jennie kept walking in the room saying, "It's beautiful, Mom!" Faith kept saying how jealous she was.

2. This morning when Josie woke up, the first thing she said was, "I have to make my bed." I guess she likes it, too.

1. One thing turned into another this weekend. And it was fantastic.

No comments: