Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful for the Chaos

Faith drinking strawberry pop out of her great-great grandmother's glasses.
The much-sought after kids' table.
Justin was thankful he got to sit at the grown-up's table.
Jennifer laughing at Grace.



Seriously, awesome weekend.

We went home on Wednesday in the midst of the the first snowfall of the season, and in the spirit of noting firsts, the twins got to see snow. It was so beautiful. Jessie rode home with us, mostly because I truly think she enjoys her special seat in the back. Gracie counted the cars in the ditch . . .13, I think.

Dad came up to Billy's on Thursday morning, because I think he got tired of waiting for the babies to show up at Grandma's. Great meal at Noon, as always. People just show up. That makes me laugh. Faith knocked back "wine." Who are we kidding? So did Joni and Jessie. And the whiskey? I'm not sure who that was for, or even why it was out, but I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of it. Shane took us off-roading for a little deer chasing action Thursday night. We saw the mother-load over to Fred's. I wonder if other people pack up their children in their carseats, and take off in four-wheel drive across a field after a herd of deer? If they don't . . .they should. Dad, mom, Jessie and Ed was in the pickup, doing the same thing.

Friday Shane and I got the lights and Christmas decorations up outside at Billy's. Cleaned and Millsaps came over for the day.

Saturday was totally devoted to the fine art of turtle making. The whole day. Really, a lot of turtles were produced. I don't think anyone can rival my stirring skills. Jess, send me the pictures you took of that adventure. I was too busy working to document.

Grace and Faith got to go with Mark and Missy Saturday night for what sounds like the best time of their lives.

We headed back after church on Sunday. And that's all I want to say about that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some things I'd like to note for the record:

1. My special seat was much more enjoyable on the way to Grandma's than on the way back. I've now learned that there are way worse 'seats'. Also, for the chicken nugget game, I'd like to put my guess in at no less than 2 months old. The gum, however, was fresh.

2. I tried to knock back the wine, but someone corked it and took it home! Much like Missy and her pie. Therefore, I turned to margaritas or 'lemonade' to anyone who asked.

3. We saw a lot more deer from the warmth of the pickup but we wouldn't have gotten such a good view of the rabid possom if we weren't freezing on the 4-wheeler.

4. While you (I mean Shane) were putting up Christmas lights, I was negotiating a fight over the orange bobble head kitty. Turns out they were fighting over the white one. I'm glad I don't fight with my sisters like that.

5. The turtle production would have gone a lot more quickly if the boys weren't around. I had flashblacks to Grace's birthday party when I was trying to fill the cookie sheet with cheese and crackers only I could never get caught up.

6. Hopefully Grace is old enough to remember the time she dropped the bouncy ball down the open register at Mandy's house and they listened to it bounce through the pipes all the way to the furnace. Did Mark tell you they spent the night tearing the furnace apart looking for the bouncy ball??

7. As for the ride home, after all the guilt I put on Mom for not just taking us back, this morning she has the nerve to tell me she's coming to WDM today. Seriously Mom! My favorite part of the ride was when you didn't get a treat.

I don't know if my favorite part of the weekend was Josie dancing to Spanish music or Grace saying that Grandma doesn't miss us because we are always there!

Love you too much,
Aunt Jessie