Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas in Any Language

Grace's teacher.
Our family following the concert.

Mark and Missy at Grace's desk.

Joni and Mark reading Grace's persuasive piece on why her turkey shouldn't be eaten on Thanksgiving . . ."there's fetters in my meet."


I know my children are well cultured thanks to the influences of their aunts (and their peeps) but really, I have to say, even I was impressed that Grace can sing "Silent Night" in Italian and "Jingle Bells" in Japanese. Can your kid do that? No, I didn't think so. Eddie, you would have been so proud that Grace also was involved with the Feliz Navidad portion of the entertainment.

I am alway impressed by Grace's ability to shine. She really is quite polished and articulate. And lovely. Mom called her a "rose in a weed patch." She did her lines and we all nodded our heads, and looked at each other, as if to silently say . . ."Perfection."

Other highlights . . .
*Shane's brotha from a different motha.
*The out-of-control maraca.
*The bathroom urgency - which I'm convinced was part of the performance, added for comic relief.
*Explaining who "Craig" is to Dad, and why craig has a list.

But honestly, thank you all for coming. It's really cool that you guys love those little girls, and they were so happy you all were there.

In other news - Mark . . .awesome coat - it's better than butter.

"Operation Craig" was a massive success. Sounds like it was a bonding experience for the men involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace did looked very lovely. And I could tell she felt pretty special too. No one else had the fan base she did.

My only disappointment for the night was that the entertaining kid from last spring has matured...or was medicated.

I can wait to find out if Dad met Craig's twins. Maybe I'll read about it in his blog.
Jessie

Millsap Twins said...

Dad's blog . . .oh, yes, that is a must read.