Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Upcoming Wedding







After the concert Grace, Faith, Missy, Jessie, Josie, Jennie and I went to the mall to do Build-A-Bear . . . a gift from Missy for Grace and Faith's birthdays.

And it was adorable. Faith picked out a pink bear with a bride's outfit . . .and named her Faith . . .her favorite name. Grace made a rock-star poodle, which she named Avery. They had so much fun, and I feel like a bad mother because I never even let them walk into that store before.

On the way home, they were planning a wedding for "Faith." I guess they were working on the guest list, because Missy was invited.

This morning, I asked when the wedding will be held and they told me it's tonight. I asked Faith (the child) who Faith (the stuffed animal) was going to marry. And she looked at me very strangely and said, "Nobody. Just Faith is getting married."

The thought crossed my mind that perhaps I should explain the concept of a wedding to her, but then I realized . . . she just may be on to something . . .

P.S. And in other unrelated, related news . . . Missy, it humored me that I embarrassed you last night at Dillard's. But really, how would I know if the ensemble worked if I didn't do an imaginary fitting? And how else would I attract the attention of the "old" guy? The hunt continues, but I do appreciate the full family participation in the quest.

No comments: