Monday, June 2, 2008

A Trip Out of the House

A Trip Out of the House

Yes, they are mine. Yes, I actually gave birth to them. Yes, they all have the same father.

Yes, they are identical.

7, 4 and almost a year.

No, there’s not a history of twins in my family. Really, they are identical.

No, they don’t have hair extensions.

Yes, I got big when I was pregnant.

Yes, I have my hands full. No, I really don’t have any free time.

Yes, I’ve mixed them up. More than once. But on the average, yes, I can tell them apart by looking at them.

It’s a birthmark. It will go away. Well if it doesn’t, it doesn’t really matter.

Yes, I’m glad they’re mine and not yours, too.

I’m glad to hear that your neighbor or cousin has twins. It’s nice that your aunt’s brother’s cousin’s niece has a friend that knows a woman with twins.

Thank you for your compliments, we truly feel blessed.

There’s no need to feel sorry for my husband because we don’t have boys; he’s quite happy with four healthy, beautiful little girls. Yes, we may have more children. No, we won’t be trying for a boy.

Yes, the teenage years will be crazy. Yes, I’m aware of the proms and the weddings. Yes, I know we don’t have enough bathrooms for four girls.

Double trouble? No way. Quadruple pleasure.

Have a nice day


*So I adapted this from something I read somewhere, and made it relevant.

1 comment:

eibanez said...

Look, there's two of them!