Tuesday, February 1, 2011

10 on 2sday

10. The sermon on Sunday was about having more "wow" moments. Father Mike talked about a druggie classmate he had in school who seemingly only knew the word "wow." Father said this guy said wow to everything. But most of us don't use it, or think it, enough. So I've spent time so far this week appreciating more moments and simply being more . . .aware. I've got a new buzz word . . . it's "wow."


9. And God (and/or aka Father Mike) knows I have a freakin' lot to say wow about. Four glorious little reasons, and everything they do and say, for starters.

8. Come to think of it, I really do say "Thank you, God" quite a bit. Like, a lot. I guess that's another way to say "wow."

7. I can not say how much I enjoyed Mark and Missy's visit to Billy's Saturday night. They stayed long after I went to bed with the twins, but I laid up there and listened to Mark, Missy and Grace giggle downstairs. It was a "Wow" night.

6. I've been sipping tea, clanking the spoon against the side, and it sounds to me like a bell. It sounds like gratitude stirring. Sounds like I may need to include vodka into my tea.

5. Last night, while checking on the twins, I kept finding them entangled in each other. Holding on to each other, seemingly for dear life. Oh, the effects this has on my heart!

4. Dirty Bit. Dirty Bit. Oh, god, we love this song.

3. "I need a phone call... I need a raincoat... I need a big love...I need a sunburn...I need a plane ride...I get no answers. And I don't get no change. It's snowing in Iowa, baby. And everything else is the same." Counting Crows song. With some lyrical changes to reflect the snow that's falling out my window. This song reflects my cabin fever. BUT! I'm totally excited that school is getting out early, and we are going to snuggle on the couch watching I-Carly or something.

2. We went to Costco last night. We got a lot of broccoli.

1. My favorite moment of the past week . . . little Grace's tryout for a solo part for her upcoming musical. I had been talking smack about her. I had said (to mom) how wonderful she was in other things, but I thought she got her singing skills from me. Well, as it turns out, she is a finalist. She and two others had to sing again yesterday in front of a bunch of others to determine the soloist. She may or may not get it, but I'm so darned proud of her. "If you think you're beaten, you are." Well, maybe we all should have a little more of Grace's approach to life . . . "I really think I'm going to get it", she said . . . before the first tryout. I need smacked. Or maybe I really am a good singer? Yeah. I think I'm going with that.

*****Any wow moments from my faithful readers this week?

No comments: