Friday, February 1, 2008

My Mom is the Best

My great-grandfather Frank Clinton bought this cupboard at a sell. He took it home and carried it upstairs to the bedroom. My Grandpa Clinton inherited it. My father had it in his childhood bedroom as a closet. When Dad was in high school, they carried it down the same steps his Grandfather carried it up . . .and they took it out to the garage. Dad said it was painted like pink and blue and white. Dad hauled it up to his shed at his house to use it to store tools. The tornado came, blew the shed away and hurled the cupboard - and all the tools - around. However, besides the glass being broken out, the cupboard made it through intact. The story goes that Dad wanted to throw it away, but Mom salvaged it, and hauled it to Evie's. It's been sitting down there ever since. I've had my eye on it for forever. This winter, I made the boys haul it up to Billy's. I didn't think it was even going to fit in the kitchen. Last week, mom finished it. Took her all week. I'm so in love with it! It's amazing. And beautifully done. So this would be the girls' great-great grandfather's. That's just really cool.

And to top it off, we had found three crocks in the basement of Billy's when we started the renovation. They are now on the cupboard. Along with some items we inherited from Shane's grandmother. One of the pitchers (the brown one) belonged to HER grandmother. Now, that's old.

LOVE IT!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Mother!!!!