Monday, April 14, 2008

Curly Heads

I have their hair controlled in piggy tails so often, that I kind of forget how curly their hair actually is.

This picture was taken on Friday. We picked Faith up at school, and then went to the mall. A trip to the mall is always interesting. We get lots of questions and lots of stares, but this was the best so far . . .

"Do they all have the same father?"

And I said, "As far as I know."

That is still making me laugh.

And in the play area, there was a woman taking pictures of us. I am not joking. Her child was playing, and she was taking a pictures of me holding the twins. I had one on each knee. And it wasn't like she asked or anything. Cause that would have been weird? I don't know. All I know, is that there are playground pictures of us that I did not authorize.

And the constant . . ."you've got your hands full" comment. I want to tell them there's another one. One in school. But I often refrain, because then the look of admiration goes to pity.

And it's always so funny when people tell me they've enjoyed watching us. "Watching us? Oh, god, what did I do? Or worse yet - say?" I didn't know we were being watched.

Truthfully, I love the attention they get because people are so drawn to them. There is a natural curiosity about multiples. I can't imagine the attention higher multiples get. People are really nice, they really are. And everyone has a twin story to share. I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few twin stories to share from Adel.

Keller Family said...

So Daddy number 1 or Daddy number 2? Oh wait, don't forget about Daddy number 3. That still makes me laugh!