Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Splinter from Hell



I miss the days of standing in Menards, trying visualize a project, while the kids are running loose in the isles. I miss being asked my opinion and then having it not count in the end. I miss hauling a suburban load of supplies back to Billy's, only to have to haul it back and exchange it for the right stuff. That was really fun. It really was.

Getting the supplies for the banister reminded me of this, and made me miss those old times. Poor Mom had to take one for the team, despite almost fainting from pain. Yet she still took the kids for treats, only to have most of it spilled on the floor. Sigh. I hate it that most of our projects are done.

But didn't they do a good job?

I spent several nights not sleeping because the banister was out. I was an open shot to the level below. I just knew someone would fall. I made make-shift barriers out of suitcases and laundry baskets. No one died.

The finished product is awesome.

No comments: