Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hey Christopher!! You Hearin' My Tunes?

First of all, I expect you to call me when you open up my blog and hear my sweet music. Then I expect you to tell me how cool I am, and I'll learn you all my secrets - that actually I stole from someone else. K? K.

Last night I took Grace to get her hair cut and she and Faith beat me into the suburban. They like to do this so that they can set the iPod to their favorite songs. This is hilarious to me, and slightly disturbing. First of all, the four year old knows how to run the thing. Her father still fumbles with it. And second, their song choices are simply too funny. So on my playlist to the left, I included a few of their favorite songs. And mine. I bet you can't tell who's is who's.

I was thinking last night after we talked, that the whole playlist thing is reminiscent of a glorified mixed tape. I remember when I got my first "stereo" I was mixed tape crazed. It had a turn table, double tape decks and a radio. You'd either have to play the tape in one deck and record in the other, or patiently wait for the song to play on the radio and quick hit record. It was typical to get DJ commentary - or at least bits and pieces of it - on the mixed tape. If I could wait for the "Top Ten at Ten", I felt like I hit the jackpot. Any memory of this, or am I a dork? Remember, I was in like the 7th grade.

Anyway, my iPod does good things for me. You should see how I title my playlists. It's almost ridiculous.

Ohhhhhh! But Grace does good things for me, too. She told me the other night that "Fergalicious" reminds her of me. Ahem. "How so?" I asked? "That part that says, 'Up at the gym just working on my fitness.'" Whew.

Anyway, call me and tell me I'm cool now.

1 comment:

Keller Family said...

Man oh man oh man... Chris is going to be ALL over this when he sees it. I can't WAIT (LOL) to hear what he is going to put on our blog... I am thankful that he doesn't have internet access during the day becuase we all know city workers don't really work and they just play. We would all be in trouble.