Thursday, March 6, 2008

Toys Down From the Attic



While a mission to find the Easter dresses in the attic, I found and pulled down a few of the little riding toys - mostly because we need more things in our living room. They have been quite the hit. I'm not sure where they got the idea . . .Eddie!! . . . but they love to ride on the same toy at the same time - at a very high rate of speed. AND they are pushing the toys all over the place. Jennie is rock star at it. She tries to let go for a little bit while standing, but that's not working out just yet. Won't be too long, I'm afraid.

These pictures were taken right after gymnastics last night, and I'm glad everyone is still smiling. I thought Faith had broken her arm - not once, but twice during the hour lesson. On the uneven bars she tried to stick the double, backward somersault dismount - something she must have seen on TV. And while it was admittedly impressive, it wasn't successful. The next time was on the high beam - while the other students were timidly tip-toeing across the beam, Faith jumps on the other beam not in use. I shake my finger at her through the window and she waves, grinning ear to ear. Then she proceeds to turn around, and walk backward on the high beam. The stunt may have not have turned ugly if she hadn't decided to throw in some dance moves in the process. Dancing to Avril's Girlfriend in the kitchen is one thing, it's an entirely different thing on the high beam.

Because of my severe case of sleep deprivation, mom and dad, in their staring roles as angels of mercy, showed up last night to hold babies. Nights have been less than glorious. The freakin' ear infections have really messed them up. Anyway, I put the pack-n-play down in the living room and told them good luck. At 2 I hadn't heard them yet. Of course. Finally around 4, I heard somebody stirring. Dad said they woke them up cause they didn't think they were going to get to hold them at all. He was kidding, but . . . . sleep is good.

And Jessica, in other poor Ann news - I'm not gonna lie, I'm still out of commission due to the traumatic injury to my ankle. I wish I would have taken a picture of our margaritas, because they brought so much joy to my life. I will forever be doing the "Dad" now, and pushing it aside for whatever the magic amount of time is required to make them perfect.

OHHH!! So I was at the mall last night and this random lady comes up to me and tells me she's seen me around before (??), and she can't believe how much I look like a "younger" version of Dr. Rey's wife from Dr. 90210. Who?? Oh, yeah, that old, ugly lady? But I was thinking maybe Dr. Rey could hook my up like he did his wife.

If he'd do that for me, I too would be dancing backward on the balance beam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Adorable.

eibanez said...

Don't blame me! You weren't even there to prove it ;)

I guess Shane wouldn't mind seeing those babies make it all the way to Nascar.

Keller Family said...

When your ready, I have a bouncing zebra for your living room also. I know for a fact that Faith and Gracie love it so i am sure that Josie and Jenny will love it also.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the only highlight of our night together is chillin the 'rita.

Don't blame Eddie for teaching the girls bad tricks. He'd only been out of bed for about an hour when we watched them that night so he wasn't on top of his game yet.